Frequently Asked Questions
This page will address some of the key questions that we’re often asked about our Microsoft Dynamics AX based business management system.
Q: What does your software do, and what features does it have for my business?
A: Our vertical software solutions, based on the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system, offer broad ERP software capabilities for Financial Management, Customer Relationship Management, and Human Resource Management, plus the unique features around Project Accounting and Professional Services Automation required by firms in key Professional Services industries. Our solution provides integrated modules for:
Q: What types of companies currently use the software?
A: While our solution works well for most project-based organizations and Professional Services firms, Systems Advisors Group primarily targets organizations within the following market segments:
- Advertising & Marketing Communications Agencies
- Architecture, Engineering & Environmental Services Firms
- IT & Management Consulting Firms
- Software + Services Firms
Our Microsoft Dynamics AX solution is simple enough to use and manage to scale down to mid-sized organizations, but scalable and flexible enough to be used by large multi-national organizations. Our solution is therefore used by mid-market, upper mid-market, and enterprise-level organizations around the world, including:
- A 150 person Marketing Agency
- A 300 person Media & Entertainment Firm
- A 600 person Engineering & Testing Firm
- A 2,500 person IT Consulting Firm
- A 4,000 person Engineering Services Firm
Q: Why is your solution any different or better than the alternatives?
A: Our Microsoft Dynamics AX-based ERP systems offer several compelling differences from our competition, including:
- The best of both worlds – comprehensive ERP functionality AND the industry-specific functionality that firms in your industry require to manage their business.
- A broad single-vendor Microsoft technology solution, including Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Project Server.
- Ease of use leadership – it works like the Microsoft tools you already use, with a familiar Microsoft Office style user interface.
- Total Cost of Ownership leadership – it works with the Microsoft technologies you already own and manage, leveraging your existing tools and knowledge and reducing IT training costs.
Q: How much does Microsoft Dynamics AX cost?
A: The cost to implement Dynamics AX depends on a broad number of factors. For example:
- What functionality do you need?
- How many users do you have?
- Is the system being implemented in one or multiple locations?
- Will you need the system to operate in other countries?
- Will you need to integrate the system with any external applications?
- How much data do you want to convert from your existing systems?
Our pricing model ensures that Microsoft Dynamics AX can be both affordable for mid-sized firms and competitive for larger multi-national organizations. To discuss more specifically what type of investment is required to implement Microsoft Dynamics AX, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide some preliminary budgetary numbers.